lundi 15 février 2010

R.I.P. Dale Hawkins






















The rock & roll tornado lost his long battle with cancer, on february the 13th.
Dale's music will never be forgotten, he had a lot of wild presence in his voice and all the instrumentals were outstanding. I don't really know what to say about him because I didn't know him personally, but I can confirm he was a real cool cat.
My thoughts go to his family...

3 commentaires:

  1. I saw Dale Hawkins a few years ago here in Nashville, it was his birthday and his friends & family held a surprise birthday party at a show he played here at 3rd & Lindsley. I got to meet him and he was a very nice guy. I've loved his music for a long time, from his Chess/Checker material up through his recent albums like the spectacular "Wildcat Tamer" with Kenny Brown (R.L. Burnside's guitar player, North Mississippi bluesman) on guitar. He let me videotape the show. I haven't watched it since but I will now look for it. I will try to share it somewhere like Dime-a-dozen, HungerCity or perhaps one of these great blog sites would like to share it. I also saw him at the Ponderosa Stomp in New Orleans a few years back, being backed by Deke Dickerson & band. Again, it was great. Thanks, Dale, I'm going to miss you and your music.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Fabulous!
    I'd really like to see that video you recorded!
    Much respect.
    Ian

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Sad news... Dale Hawkins was a real great artist...

    RépondreSupprimer